The US South Pacific Scholarship Program (USSP) – Authorized by the U.S. Congress and funded by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State.
The scholarship program will include a mentoring component with a possible follow-on summer internship, and readily accessible opportunities for participation in host family and volunteer service programs. Candidates from the following countries, who meet specific selection criteria, are eligible for the program.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): U.S. Department of State,
Scholarships to be taken at: East West Center, USA
Scholarship Type: Tuition award
Scholarship Worth: Full tuition fee cover
Number of Awards: Not Stated
Study Level: Undergraduate & Masters
Nationality: Pacific island countries
US South Pacific Scholarship Program Eligibility Criteria 2021
- Bachelor’s Scholarship: Applicants must have completed secondary school by the deadline for submitting a university application for admission to their undergraduate program. In some countries this means having completed “Form 6.” In other countries, this may mean having completed “Grade 12.” Individuals who have completed some undergraduate level courses but have not obtained the equivalent of a U.S. four-year bachelor’s degree are also eligible and strongly encouraged to apply.
- Master’s Scholarship: Applicants must have completed at least a three-year baccalaureate program. Those with a three-year Bachelor’s degree may apply for a bridging program of up to one year, which upon completion allows for application to a master’s degree program. Master’s programs may not require a bridging component, depending on prior study and academic performance during the first year.
- Eligible Courses: Priority areas of study include agriculture, business, communication/journalism, education, environmental studies, gender studies, NGO management, political science, public administration, public health, STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, mathematics), and other related fields.
- Eligible Countries: Candidates from the following countries, who meet specific selection criteria, are eligible for the program – Cook Islands, Fiji, Kiribati, Nauru, Niue, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tonga, Tuvalu, and Vanuatu.
How to Apply for US South Pacific Scholarship 2021/2022
All applications for this scholarship are to be submitted online with all necessary application documents uploaded;
- Tips for an acceptable online application (click to download document)
- Application instructions (click to download document)
- Competition announcement (click to download document)